LinkedIn is a full-fledged platform where users can hold online events and promote offline workshops. This can help to rock your community and drive potential leads – just like after an offline conference. For a marketer managing online LinkedIn events can be as challenging as organizing offline meetups such as trade shows or conferences for nonprofits – even a simple webinar requires preparation.
Linked Helper is the solution to assist you when working with the database of participants, promoting a webinar on LinkedIn, and following them up afterward.
This CRM and LinkedIn automation tool will help you build a database, automate invitations, and collect feedback. Thanks to full-fledged funnel automation at every step, you will be able to conduct webinars and online meetings with less effort and more efficiency.
How exactly can an automated service for LinkedIn marketing help you?
- Build participants lists and manage in the CRM.
You still don’t realize who to invite to an event? Even if you are planning a webinar for a new company, you can attract interested users with the prior database collection. On Linked Helper, you can organize a search for contacts of the 2nd and 3rd degrees to establish connections before an event.
All those contacts will be transferred into the memory of the CRM, including their emails – double outreach in LinkedIn and by email may increase the chances that your message will be read.
With the help of the Visit & Extract profiles action, all the data about the audience you need will be amassed in the CRM and will be available for scraping. A spreadsheet can be created powered with extended columns full of useful data.
- Set up automatic interactions before sending event invitations.
If you want people to accept your invitation and gladly visit an event, try to attract them to your personal page or a company page. Leads will be able to learn more about you and will have more confidence that the event is worth it.
To do this, you can automate such tedious but necessary for an SMM specialist as liking and leaving comments on posts and articles, as well as automatically sending requests to establish contact.
After collecting data and establishing friendly relationships, you can send out invitations to those people who accepted your request.
Thanks to the automation, visiting each user to invite them is a thing of the past. You can send out personalized invitation messages in bulk. Such lines as the person’s name, job position, and even the pictures can automatically be personalized for each message.
Promote webinar on LinkedIn – automated strategy with Linked Helper
Before you promote an event on LinkedIn – gather all participants
If you want to get a bigger impact, then before the event or webinar, it is worth gathering the target group and establishing contacts. You can promote a LinkedIn event in numerous sources and for free (exact tips are listed in the following sections).
Remember: You can only invite 1st degree contacts. So it is worth expanding the necessary connections before the event. This can be done easily and automatically.
#1 – Discover future event attendees
If you want to increase the number of encounters, set the first action for the Linked Helper campaign as Visit & Extract.
This will help grab the attention of your target audience by letting them see that you have visited their profile. Then assign the action to send a request to established contact so that these people become your 1st degree connections.
You can source people from different LinkedIn pages.
To collect a list of people, select Queue → Collect from the current page.
In a few minutes, all these people will be saved in a separate section. And you can start a campaign to begin visits and future mailings to established contacts.
As an additional step before preparation, you can add the action Like and Comment.
Your campaign may be the following:
- Visit & extract profiles + Like and comment. You can automatically visit leads and like and comment on their posts. This will draw them to your profile and help you show up in their notifications.
- Delay between actions. This smart feature will allow you to take a break before sending out invites. After a pause, successfully processed contacts will be transferred to the next action.
- Invite 2nd and 3rd contacts. After warming up, the software will start sending out invites to everyone you have added to the Queue.
- Filter contacts out of my network. This action sorts everyone who has accepted your connection request.
- Visit & extract profiles to collect emails. Now that people have accepted your request, you can collect emails from 1st degree contacts.
- Invite people to the event. After people become contacts, add this action.
All people who are invited will appear at the end of the funnel. You can also download the successfully processed contacts to share with the team. After that, it will be easy for you to deal with the private mailing of auto-invites to your event.
#2 – How to send mass auto-invites to events
If the campaign for lead detection was created before, you can continue working with these contacts. Add the Invite to event action. This can be done by clicking the “+” to the prior campaign. Here is the list of all possible Linked Helper actions.
If you already have a warmed-up database of those you propose to invite, create a new empty campaign from scratch.
In the list Queue, you should see the users you want to have as participants.
Hack: If your potential participants have already been collected in the CSV file format, then you can paste the list into Linked Helper to send out invitations. This spreadsheet should contain LinkedIn user IDs – that is, the URLs to their profiles.
#3 – Add additional activities to your plan
To increase the chances of contacts accepting an invitation, you can pay more attention to them through a private message. You may add this action to the campaign and people from the list will receive a personalized message automatically.
Here you can tell more about the event:
- List benefits
- Add pictures
- Indicate references and reviews of past participants in such events
The message will increase the chances of growing the audience for your event.
When responses are received, Linked Helper will monitor them and save them to the system memory. This is handy and will help you view all the replies in one place without getting lost in the countless LinkedIn chats.
By the way: You can collect data about everyone who agreed to participate in the event – read the details here: Collect those who accepted the invitation. From the CRM you can download a spreadsheet with data about participants – it’s convenient to share it with colleagues.
You may have extracted the database with the event members for messaging but the names might be missing. In this case, the tool will visit these profiles to add the necessary data.
It’s vital to indicate the name for the personal outreach approach. Learn how to boost networking in the blog post LinkedIn for networking: Tips to nurture contacts 24/7 (even if you are offline).
After the event – how to automate follow-ups
If your event was held in the form of a Live broadcast, then even those who didn’t attend will be able to see the recording. This stream will be visible in people’s feeds, which will increase organic reach.
After a webinar or offline event, your interaction and communication with the participants should not come to an end.
Even if the participants are not 1st degree contacts, you can still contact them via auto action in Linked Helper. This means that you can be a participant in an event and write to everyone else who participated in it after. Even if these people are not your contacts yet.
How to follow up with 2nd and 3rd degree connections on LinkedIn to promote events:
- Add the “Message to event attendees” action.
- Create and save the follow-up text. Use personalized variables to make the message look natural and emphasize your interest in them personally. You should demonstrate that you are not texting everyone.
- Open the list of event participants and collect these accounts in the Queue. Read more here: Collect those who accepted the invitation.
- The people will appear in the Queue section. You will be able to text these people, bypassing the normal limits of LinkedIn.
After such a comprehensive campaign, the event’s efficiency will be much higher.
What is the advantage of using Linked Helper automation for event management?
- Systematization of participants. For a marketer, every lead matters. Managing leads from a page on a social network is inconvenient. In the CRM, you can create custom lists and tags and leave notes for each lead, which will help you make your event marketing strategy planned and measurable.
- Plus, after each action, successfully processed contacts are automatically moved to a separate section. Thus, it will be easier for you to evaluate the success of each campaign.
- Minimum of manual actions. Social media marketing doesn’t have to be a routine. Boring tasks can be safely entrusted to a robot. But the advantage of this robot over other automation tools is its complete imitation of human actions. That is, when you delegate the work to LH, you will see how the activities are going on right on the desktop. There are pauses between actions, and the principle of browsing pages will occur exactly the same as you would do it yourself.
- Increased efficiency of your events. By entrusting the work to the tool, you will reach many more leads, which means you will get more positive responses.
4 LinkedIn event marketing tips
Promo through private messages
Your event will attract more attention on LinkedIn when you plan in advance how to present it via messages. By addressing everyone personally, you will get more coverage.
Also in the messages, ask potential members to share it with their contacts – there may be other interested persons whom they know. So in a message post insert a call to action and ask to repost on a personal page. For this, you can promise people bonuses and attractive conditions.
As we discussed above, on Linked Helper you can run the whole event promotion strategy – from pre-warm-up and communication with the participants to follow-ups after the event.
A few weeks before the event, send such messages to the 1st degree contacts and encourage them to share them. This way you will get more reach.
Use group marketing
To promote the event, you must make a selection of thematic groups to distribute posts about the event. In order to find suitable groups with active discussions, you will need to do some research.
You may use the pages of influencers and see which groups are listed in their interests.
After selecting suitable groups, send a request for membership – some may be private. In a few days, moderators will check your account and approve. Now you can start posting about your event to a narrow audience of group members.
This will help you focus only on potential leads to increase the effectiveness of the event.
Make sure that live discussions are taking place in this group and the most recent comments were not left a year ago. Skip groups with no involvement; there is no point in posting about the event there.
List in your post:
- How the event will help the members of the group – you need to find a personal approach, because the interests of group members are often clear.
- Bonuses from participation – to increase the number of participants, implement a lead magnet, unique research, or emphasize expertise through an invited influencer.
- Time & date – before the participants follow the event page, let them know all the details in advance.
- Call to action – encourage to share the link with colleagues.
- Reviews– if you have already hosted online meetups, prove the successful experience of previous participants.
Promote your event on the company page
A detailed description in the form of a post or article should be posted on your organization’s LinkedIn page. Here you can state the program point by point, paying attention to each stage of the event.
Here you can write in more detail than for advertising an event in a group or in a personal message.
- Create a notification for workers about this post. LinkedIn allows you to keep all your colleagues up to date with corporate news using one built-in button on the company page.
- Encourage workers to share a post or article on their personal page. Contacts of your colleagues are potential participants of the event. Posts on personal pages will generate interest and traffic to the company and event pages. It is especially important that the founders of the company, CEO, and other top managers share the event. This will instill trust and interest.
Use automation to work on the event
In 2022, marketers have a unique opportunity to accelerate event marketing by reaching more people through automated tools.
This does not mean that you won’t have to do anything – but smart software can do much more repetitive actions than you can. Manually inviting 1,000 people to an event and writing to them is a dreary task even for the most patient person.
After all, you have more complex tasks such as analytics and creatives – in a word, things that a robot cannot do better than you.
In the 14 days Linked Helper trial period, you will already be able to reach a lot more potential event participants and leads.